Prime Meridian passes through Eight countries of the world. It is also known as Zero degree longitude. The zero degree latitude passes through Greenwich Observatory in United Kingdom.
Prime Meridian Passes through Eight Countries
- United Kingdom (England)
- Burkina Faso
- Prime meridian is Zero Degree Longitude.
- It divides earth into Eastern and Western hemisphere.
- It passes through a place called Greenwich in England.
- Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is reference for standard time zones for all countries of world e.g. Indian Standard Time (IST) is 5 hours 30 minutes ahead of GMT time. So if it is 12.00 noon in England, it will be 5.30 PM in India.
- International Date Line (IDL) is on the complete opposite side of globe from prime meridian.
Kulwinder Singh is an alumni of Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi and working as Assistant Professor of Geography at Pt. C.L.S. Government College, Kurukshetra University. He is a passionate teacher and avid learner.